Intertek Laboratory Technician in Texas City, Texas
Intertek/Caleb Brett, , a leading provider of ATIC Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification Services, is looking for a Lab Technician to join our Cargo & Analytical Assessment team in Texas City, TX.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the world’s petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
The Lab Technician will support the Cargo & Analytical Assessment business through guidance provided by the Laboratory Manager.
In a safe, legal and ethical manner, the Laboratory Technician performs duties to support analytical testing for the company and its clients, maintaining associated records, and thus supporting the goal of providing a service to our clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective.
We’re looking for:
· Good verbal communication skills.
· Proficient at mathematics.
· Ability to perform analytical tasks.
· Protocol, procedure and safety oriented.
· Organized with time management skills.
· Experience in handling chemical and petroleum products.
· High tolerance for job pressure.
· An ability to work and communicate with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
· Receives, examines and records through a login process, inbound samples for testing.
· Delivers test samples to the sample staging area.
· Monitors the availability of supplies needed for testing processes, and makes any needs for such
supplies known to the Laboratory Manager.
· Prepares samples and quality control specimens, prepares and standardizes reagents and solutions, and calibrates equipment needed for the testing processes.
· Performs testing of samples and quality control specimens using specified methodology.
· Verifies and communicates results obtained, and makes appropriate entries into instrument logs,
control charts, calibration records, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or
electronic, required, assuring the validity and traceability of the information.
· Maintains documentation, equipment, and work areas in a neat, orderly and safe condition.
· Assists in the training of less experienced employees.
· Carries out all of the above responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
· High school education or equivalent.
· Petroleum testing experience or formal chemistry education is an advantage.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: