Valero Process Control Engineer in SUNRAY, Texas
- Provides recommendations for improving refinery operations based on technical information and raw process data.
- Functions as a process troubleshooter and provides refineries with forward thinking and technological advancements that will provide a competitive edge.
- Performs process analysis, process improvement, scoping studies, front-end process design work, and/or collaborates on process designs with contractors and consultants.
- Troubleshoots and maintains DCS database, software and configuration of Yokogawa, Honeywell, PLCs, or similar systems. Tunes existing process controllers.
- Develops and implements process control schemes and control techniques. Assists project engineers and develop new control schemes.
- Develops and reviews control logic for project designs, including P&ID and logic review.
- Identifies opportunities for APC in selective applications providing good business returns. Maintains and optimizes advanced process control programs.
- Provides startup assistance and control modifications for new projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Chemical, Electrical Control Systems, or Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Control Systems Engineering preferred.
- Minimum two years of process control and/or control systems engineering experience required.
- Minimum one year of DCS control experience required.
- Refinery industry experience preferred.
Relocation assistance is available.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the McKee Refinery
The Valero McKee Refinery began operations in 1933 with expansions and developments to the present total feedstock throughput of 200,000 barrels per day. Unit age varies throughout the refinery with a few older units dating to the 1950s while other units were constructed in the 2000s. Situated in the heart of the Texas Panhandle, the McKee refinery has access to crude oil from northern and west Texas, Oklahoma, southwestern Kansas and eastern Colorado through an extensive network of crude oil pipelines, making it one of the most well-connected plants in Valero's system. The refinery is joined by third-party pipelines to major crude oil centers in Cushing, Oklahoma, and Midland, Texas. The McKee refinery also has pipeline access at Wichita Falls, Texas, to major third-party pipelines that transport crude oil from the Texas Gulf Coast and from major West Texas oil fields into the mid-continent region.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-TX-Sunray
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2017, 11:44:07 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 17001LS