Valero Senior Systems Engineering Specialist - Enterprise Monitoring in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
This position works with minimal supervision in conjunction with the Valero Technical Operation Center (VTOC) team which provides services related to enterprise wide health and event monitoring, level 1 I/T incident response, and level 2 I/T services for all Valero business units and locations. This position is primarily responsible for operation of the monitoring applications, increasing the scope and sophistication of monitoring, and bringing more level 2 work into the VTOC through knowledge transfer, procedures, and automation.
- Maintains expert knowledge in enterprise monitoring applications (HP NNMi, HP OMi, and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager).
- Operates these monitoring applications including troubleshooting, interfacing with technical support, complex needs analysis, configuration, installation, upgrades, changes, and license management.
- Enables VTOC staff to perform routine operations in these monitoring tools through training, automation, and documentation.
- Works with other teams to transition level 1 and 2 work to the VTOC through skills transfer, training, documentation, or automation.
- Occasionally works off-hours for projects and incident response.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant information services experience required.
- Experience operating enterprise I/T monitoring software required.
- Experience operating Windows or Linux operating systems in a virtual environment required.
- Experience scripting in PowerShell required.
- Experience operating Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, HP Operations Manager (OMi), HP Network Node Manager (NNMi), or BMC Control-M required.
- Experience installing, operating, and troubleshooting Windows Server 2012 or RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 preferred.
- Experience operating VMware vSphere 6 preferred.
- Familiarity with I/T infrastructure technology including storage, backups, networking, monitoring, and high availability preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft WSUS or RedHat Satellite for security patch management preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans. *LI-LP1
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Mar 29, 2018, 6:53:27 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1800155