Valero Business Intelligence Development Specialist - SAP BW/SAP HANA in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Under minimal supervision, assists in the technical development, design, construction, upgrade and implementation of Business Intelligence for Valero's purchased or in-house built software solutions. Uses SAP HANA, BW and SAP BusinessObjects BI to support business intelligence needs of the business by working in close collaboration with other teams, end users, and other IS departments to meet the company's goals. The primary focus will be project work, but will also include in supporting existing reporting, analytics and data management solutions.
- Participates as an individual contributor in the design, construction, or implementation of Valero purchased or in-house developed software solutions.
- Tests and supports changes and enhancements.
- Participates in gathering functional and technical requirements for simple to moderately complex problems.
- Assists in the design and construction of simple to complex programs and/or interfaces.
- Leads the development of specific project deliverables.
- Takes responsibility for the transport of development objects through the development landscape (i.e. DEV, TST, PRD).
- Possesses specialized knowledge in Business Intelligence technology and answers questions as the knowledge expert in that area.
- Provides estimates for simple to complex development items.
- Participates in Test to Production cutover plans, as required.
- Documents, trains, and transitions applications to production support.
- Provides end-user support with problem analysis and resolution for Production applications as required.
- Performs analysis and configuration of SAP HANA, BW and BusinessObjects BI environments to facilitate custom reporting and data analytics solutions.
- Interacts with functional team members and business process owners to gain an understanding of business processes, gather reporting requirements, and prioritize work, and coordinate testing for projects.
- Works on the design and implementation of projects that involve business intelligence solutions as a project manager, lead or individual contributor.
- Acts as an individual contributor on I/S projects and furthers their knowledge of Valero's project development life cycle.
- Supports business intelligence tools, systems and business users, as a project manager, lead or individual contributor for projects and/or enhancements to existing applications. This includes the use of Valero's system to track support activities.
- Effective work relationships within departmental and functional lines at various job levels with business users, IS departments, user groups and Valero business partners.
- Learns or demonstrates a broad, in-depth understanding of more than one business intelligence product/tool and associated integration.
- Works on moderately complex tasks for the deployment of new solutions and enhancements/fixes to existing solutions. These include, but is not limited to: troubleshooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design & technical specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination.
- Helps coordinate the adoption of new business procedures resulting from system/application changes, including the development of system specifications, documentation, training, and communication plans.
- Performs analysis on and recommends complex quality solutions.
- Understands and applies the various IT methodologies which include project management, development, service management and system architecture.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of business or technical experience utilizing SAP BW or SAP HANA required.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the following area(s) required:
o Technical experience utilizing SAP BusinessObjects BI development tools (IDT/UDT, Webl, Dashboards, or CrystalReports). o Experience interacting with functional team members and business process owners to gain an understanding of business processes, gather reporting requirements, and prioritize work, coordinate testing for projects.
- Refining industry or related business/IT knowledge with SAP ERP system preferred.
- Understanding of SAP BusinessObjects BI configuration and performance tuning required.
- Understanding of data warehouse and OLAP cube design required.
- Knowledge of SAP HANA, BW and SAP BusinessObjects BI tools required.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Apr 10, 2018, 3:15:10 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180016O