Valero Basis and System Administration Specialist - (ST/PCW) in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Supports, designs, implements and monitors enterprise wide application solutions aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements. Works in close collaboration with team members, end users and other IS departments to meet the company's goals, with minimal supervision.
- Provides operational support for assigned application solution(s), IS functional teams and business users as a lead for moderately complex projects and/or enhancements to existing architecture. This includes the use of Valero's system to track support activities.
- Works on assigned technology design, implementation projects, and support tasks utilizing Valero’s Change Management Guidelines
- Works on or assists with basic tasks for the design, development, operation, maintenance and upgrade of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) information systems and supporting subsystems. This includes, but is not limited to: application installations, upgrades, support pack, transport management, system refreshes, database/system restores, performance tuning, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination.
- Effective work relationships within departmental and functional lines at various job levels with business users, IS departments and Valero business partners.
- Learns or demonstrates an in-depth understanding of more than one infrastructure discipline and associated application/hardware integration.
- Helps coordinate the adoption of new procedures resulting from software and hardware changes, including the development of system specifications, documentation, training, and communication plans.
- Performs analysis on and recommends quality complex solutions to infrastructure technology disciplines.
- Understands and applies the various IT methodologies which include project management, development, service management and system architecture.
- Participates in ECM Basis on-call rotation.
- Will be required to work off-hours and on weekends for projects and/or support.
The minimum requirements for the position of Basis and System Administration Specialist are a Bachelor’s degree (or higher), or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field, and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant information services experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (required):
Application System Administration skills with more than one of the following technologies required:
o OpenText Archive Server o OpenText Content Server o Kofax Capture o Kofax Communication Server o Kofax Transformation Module o HP Consolidated Archive (HPCA) / Capax Enterprise Archive Solution (EAS) o CadCapture
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (preferred):
Application System Administration skills with one or more of the following technologies preferred:
o OpenText MediaBin o HPE Legal Hold o LandWorks Property Management o TeamConnect o Clearwell / Secretariat o PTMS (Property Tax Management) o Adlib
- Windows Powershell experience preferred
Operating System experience with one or more of the following Operating Systems preferred:
o Microsoft Windows Server o Linux
Database experience with one or more of the following databases preferred:
o Oracle o MS-SQL
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Feb 20, 2018, 4:36:45 PM
Unposting Date: Mar 22, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 180012J