Fortive Corporation Senior Development Operations Engineer (Java) in Houston, Texas
Senior Development Operations Engineer (Java)
Veeder-Root ( www.veeder.com ) is the world's leading supplier of automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems. Veeder-Root presently has tank monitoring systems in more than 500,000 underground storage tanks around the globe; with products and services being used to meet the regulatory compliance and business management requirements of major oil companies, large truck fleets, car rental companies, airports, package delivery companies, federal, state and local governments, public utilities, industrial companies, and thousands of small underground and aboveground storage tank owners.
Insite360 ( www.insite360fuel.veeder.com ) has consistently led the market by delivering on-demand fuel management solutions for suppliers, distributors, and buyers of petroleum products and other energy commodities. As the market leader, Insite360 achieves tremendous savings and operational predictability for its customers by:
• Providing a fuel management system that integrates all major suppliers, distributors, terminals, and price feeds in one common fuel supply chain
• Automating all aspects of the fuel management process from procurement, inventory management, demand forecasting, strategic sourcing, financial reconciliation, margin analysis and environmental compliance monitoring
• Delivering its solutions through a Software as a Service (SaaS) model and scaling with its customers of all sizes who wish to control their bulk fuel costs
This position is in Houston, Texas.
- Purpose of Position
The Senior DevOps Engineer is accountable for meeting unique challenges of delivering and maintaining Cloud based infrastructure as a service and middleware in support of global teams working on Cloud based applications. This includes driving technology roadmaps, managing system configurations, middleware, release management, troubleshooting live production environments, minimizing downtime, and responding to client-reported issues.
- Key Responsibilities
• Design, build, configure & manage Amazon AWS based infrastructure and configuration
• Guide team on best practices and technology used to deliver quality products on time
• Mentor fellow DevOps team members, both technically and professionally
• Develop scripts using configuration management frameworks: Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef, OpsWorks
• Use Jira, Git, Bitbucket and Stash for issue reporting and code management
• Use VisualVM, heap analyzer and AppDynamics to troubleshoot application performance
• Develop, follow and enforce standard operating procedures required to troubleshoot live production environments, minimize downtime, and respond to client-reported issues
• Provide operational support of the following technologies: Kibana/Logstash, Kafka, IAM, CloudWatch, S3, and DynamoDB
• Creating and maintaining development life cycle environment for automated application deployment through all environments (Development, QA, UAT and Production)
• Responsible for production stability and meeting customer satisfaction SLAs
• Lead cross-functional teams across multiple products from the following capacities:
Data archive strategy definition and execution
Custom reports involving complex queries and logic
Drive improvements in database and data updates including new customer implementation data loads and maintenance
• Debug application issues and provide quick workarounds to bring systems ops normal
• Provision and monitor staging/production applications/services.
• Help define/build monitoring enhancements/plugins/modules.
• Build automation tools to improve process and increase synergy across teams
• Other duties as assigned.
• Reports to: Development Operations Manager
• Key Relationships:
Internal Customers: Collaborate with support, development, systems and other work teams to leverage their expertise and core competencies to achieve project deliverables and production stability.
External Customers: As needed
- Measures of Performance
• Maximize Internal and External Customer Uptime via first response and resolution.
• Maximize maintainability and efficiency of all systems/software via code and performance monitoring and optimization, reporting, and integration management.
• Understanding of data relationships across multiple products and inter-relatability across those applications for shared data optimization opportunities
• Illustrate leadership skills during the SDLC to minimize post production performance and optimization challenges from a data model and management perspective.
• Architectural Leadership – measured by ability to drive adoption of GVR Cloud standards across global organizations
• Illustrate leadership qualities during critical release/upgrade and disaster recovery
- Background and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Troubleshooting with understanding of application performance systems using Java EE, Database, Agile, Web Services.
4 years of working experience in installing and configuring Apache Tomcat/Jboss required
4 years of working experience with Java/J2EE, Spring, JSP/Servlets, JDBC, hibernate required
2 years or working experience with MySQL/Oracle databases required
2 years of working experience in dynamic / interpreted programming languages (shell/ruby) required
Strong written and verbal communication skills required
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required
Familiarity with Linux and Windows systems on internal hosted and AWS environment desired
Familiarity with SOA, Enterprise Architect, Jenkins, Nagios desired
7.Personal Trait Profile
Quality First: Plan & execute accurate, complete, timely and reliable work. Integrity never compromised.
Respect for People: Appreciates diversity in experience, heritage, education, organization level and gender.
Management by Fact: Gathers, analyzes and summarizes data to draw rational, fact-based conclusions.
Blameless: Seeks root-cause solutions and fixes processes rather than finding someone to blame.
Teamwork: Collaborative with customers, suppliers & associates at all levels towards mutual objectives.
Sense of Urgency: High energy, bias for taking action. Spontaneously recognizes and resolves issues.
Customer Focus: Makes customers a primary focus, develops and sustains loyal, productive relationships.
Continuous Improvement: Develops and implements creative solutions to systems and processes.
Deliver Results: Driven to deliver short and long-term results. Maintains focus on what is most important.
Adapting to Change: Able to effectively adapt an environment of change, uncertainty, and ambiguity.
Intellect: Understands the conceptual, strategic, tactical and technical aspects of an issue.
Innovative: Generates and implement creative solutions. Challenges current methods and seek alternatives.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow and make an impact. And we believe in giving you the opportunity, accountability and visibility to do just that.
At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own.
At Fortive, we believe in growth. We are honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we work hard to innovate and improve. With a passionate focus on our markets and our customers, we learn and grow together to make a difference in the world.
Fortive ( www.fortive.com NYSE: FTV) is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenue, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Primary Location: North America-United States-TX-Houston
Organization: Veeder Root
EEO Statement: "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."
Req ID: VEE000909