Exterran Mechanical Engineer (Manager Engineering) in Houston, Texas
Mechanical Engineer (Manager Engineering)TX - Houston 77041 Ofc|Engineering
View All Jobs
Share This Job
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a publicly traded company with about 6,000 dedicated professionals working in about 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent Exploration & Production and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Exterran Is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com
Summary:Compression and Production Plants Engineering is responsible for the engineering and support of procurement, construction, and commissioning of gas compression and Oil& gas production facilities utilizing Exterran’s products and third party vendor supplied equipment as the basis for the scope of supply. Mechanical Engineer will support the conceptual development of proposals and execution of projects.
Under the guidance of the Engineering Manager, this position provides mechanical and piping engineering project leadership and/or discipline support for various projects by researching, specifying, developing, designing, engineering, or testing components, equipment and/or systems.is accountable for the successful development of projects to support the efficient production of oil and gas. Manage the evaluation of operations in support of the generation of capacity upgrade projects. Mentor Facilities Engineering efforts throughout the business unit.
A Mechanical & Piping Lead Engineer position serving on a team supporting oil and gas projects. The position is responsible for managing all aspects of the mechanical and piping engineering deliverables. Position interacts with all members of the design team, to include the client and on site construction contractors. Design reviews and development of installation instructions require excellent written and strong communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Extensive knowledge of Plant and Field Surface Facilities in Oil & Gas Operations.
· Perform evaluation of plant operations in support of the generation of facility debottleneck and capacity upgrade projects.
· Proficient in creation of PFD, PID and facility layout documents, defining piping NDT requirements.
· Extensive knowledge in sizing and rating of equipment packages used in plant and field facilities.
· Extensive Knowledge in Material selection and Mechanical Integrity requirements.
· Develop a project’s scope of work, estimates, and/or schedules, Project economics, Risk and contingency analysis
· Provide Support during Startup and Commissioning related activities
· Requires good working knowledge of the requirements of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), ASTM (American Society for Testing & Materials), ANSI (American National Standards Institute), ICC (International Codes Council) and API (American Petroleum Institute)
· Requires experience in plant General Arrangement development, and mechanical system design, including piping and associated calculations.
· Experience with gas compression and O&G processing plant mechanical systems and piping, including compressors, gas dehydration equipment, packages, vessels and tanks, pumps, etc.
· Reviews and approves project drawings, standards and specifications.
· Develops major equipment and material selection, construction specifications and Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ) and technical bid evaluations.
· Preparation and development of engineering construction drawings. Equipment performance specifications
· Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
· Ensures that all assigned activities and operations comply with applicable codes, regulations and laws.
· Coordinates activities with other project disciplines involved in fabrication, operation, application, and installation or repair of various materials, products or systems.
· Provides technical direction, support and information to other engineers, designers and drafters.
· Provides support to fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and client specifications.
· Responsible engineering experience including piping system work. Prior experience might have included work with pipe stress analysis software, familiarity with ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8 piping codes and material specifications.
· Relevant experience in the field of mechanical engineering and design (FEED and Detailed Engineering) covering piping, pipelines, statics and other associated installations within the gas industry.
· Skills and capability for reviewing FEED, Detailed Engineering and Construction related deliverables.
· Capability for providing technical, construction & commissioning support during project execution.
· BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
· 15+ years designing and documenting gas compression plants and O&G production facilities since concept to commissioning.
· Works or has worked at least ten+ years in an engineering consultant or EPC company.
· Proficiency using AutoCAD and CADWorkx is a must.
· Ability to coordinate others to accomplish objectives
· Strong creative ability to design compression plants and early production facilities.
· Fundamental understanding of MOCs, HAZOPs and PSSRs.
· Extensive Knowledge of Industry standards like ASME, API, NFPA, NACE, PIP
· Proficient in utilization of Microsoft Office suite
· Demonstrated commitment to safety, including safety considerations in engineering design operations.
· Clear and concise verbal and written communications
· Experience in Oil and Gas industry, designing compression and production plants.
· Working knowledge in compression and onshore oil and gas.
· Innovative, multi-tasking, consensus builder and Team player
· Knowledge of Company Business practices and guidelines in Oil & gas Industry
· Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
· Sitting for long periods of time
· Lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasional lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
· May be required to work at heights of up to 25 feet
· Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment.