Occidental Petroleum Landman - Division Orders in Houston, Texas
Title: Landman - Division Orders Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Landman – Division Orders to assist the team in determining the true record title ownership under a defined producing property within our Land Administration Group based in Houston.
• Responsible for obtaining title opinions/title documentation, analysis of curative requirements and securing required curative documentation in order to determine the well/unit ownership.
• Interact with peer departments in obtaining relevant information that impacts ownership and revenue distribution.
• Establish and maintain ownership in accordance with record title for revenue distribution.
• Resolve ownership curative issues and process administrative duties ensuring ownership is accurate for distribution of revenues.
• Review and verify company owned gross working, overriding and/or royalty interests and process outside division orders for execution.
• Responsible for review of suspended revenues and ensuring distribution of monies accurately and timely.
• Manage assigned responsibilities and duties to ensure accurate and timely completion of assignments, projects and other duties as assigned.
• Communicate with owners and peer departments and companies
College Graduate with a Bachelor’s or Law Degree preferred.
5-7 Years of experience in mineral ownership (Division Orders -preferred) Petroleum Land or Lease Administration (acceptable).
Strong analytical, math and communication skills with an aptitude for detailed and precise work.
Knowledge of oil and gas law and/or state specific ownership related law, including statutory guidelines, unclaimed property regulations, probate/laws of decent and distribution, contracts, etc.
General knowledge of associated departments’ activities (i.e. Marketing, Revenue, Controllers, JIB, Procurement, etc.)
Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office required. Knowledge/experience with Quorum, SAP/PRA a plus.
Strong decision-making, problem solving, technical knowledge, communication, leadership, project management and organization skills required.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed as a complete listing of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job. Management may, from time to time, direct additional tasks, duties and responsibilities to be performed by the incumbent. Changes in job duties and responsibilities may be made by Management of the Company at its discretion.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status