Voyig LLC ES&H Specialist in Houston, Texas
Our client, one of the nation's leading Midstream Oil/ Gas companies, is looking to add a ES&H Specialist to their team in the Houston area.
• Manage and ensure compliance with industry safety regulations and hazardous materials transportation regulations through the implementation of corporate safety programs and policies for Targa’s LPG transport facilities and throughput terminals, the associated truck, rail, and barge operations, and its employees.
• Coordinate training of employees and monthly safety meetings, on ES&H requirements to ensure compliance with regulations and corporate safety programs and policies.
• Manage and ensure maintenance of all facility Chemical Inventory Lists and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) files.
• Provide safety technical support for maintenance events and major projects.
• Lead the emergency preparedness of the operations, including maintaining the emergency preparedness and response plans, training of the operations employees of the requirements of the plans, and conducting site emergency drills.
• Lead and coordinate emergency response and follow up, including conducting on-site accident investigations, conducting root cause analysis, meeting internal and external notification requirements, and generating all required investigation documentation.
• Liaison for regulatory agency and third party audits, including DOT, USCG, FRA, OSHA, TRRC, TECQ, LDEQ, EPA, vendors and contractors.
• Lead and facilitate the safety, security (FSP), ES&H and PHA/PSM audits ensuring the documentation and reporting of all findings, the development of corresponding action plans, and the completion and documentation of all action items.
• Develop and review new and updated operational procedures and related safe work permits.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
• Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to prioritize job duties and handle multiple tasks.
• Organize and maintain compliance documentation for company's LPG transport facilities and throughput terminals, the associated truck, rail, and barge operations, and its employees.
• Audit contractor and lease site safety plans and practices.
• Facilitate PSM compliance at terminal operations.
• Other duties/projects as needed.
• Audit and ensure compliance of driver qualification and equipment files per Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations for DOT drivers.
• Ensure all necessary training courses are completed by DOT commercial motor vehicle drivers.
• Audit and ensure compliance of Hours of Service Records, Driver/Vehicle Examinations from road stops, and vehicle inspection reports for all DOT vehicles and trailers in accordance with FMCSRs.
• Provide operational support and lead execution of corrective action plans to address FMCSA violations, incident causes, and other regulatory compliance needs.
• Administer Drug and Alcohol Program for CDL drivers of commercial motor vehicles.
• Other duties/projects as needed.
• Regular and reliable attendance
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
Education & License:
• Bachelor’s degree (4 year) or higher in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field (Required)
• Five (5) years’ experience in LPG terminal and LPG, Crude and other Petroleum related transport operations with knowledge of industry practices and regulatory agency requirements.
• Working knowledge and prior experience implementing and auditing State and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and Texas LP Gas regulations.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
• An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
• Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment
• Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• ASP or CSP certification
• TRRC LPG Class E license
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply or don’t see what you are looking for? No problem, we still want to get to know you! We are always looking to build our pipeline of talent to help our clients build more fully functioning teams.to hear about upcoming opportunities.
CategoryOil & Gas