PDS Tech Inc Engineer 2 in Houston, Texas
PDS TECH INC. is seeking candidate for Engineer 2 for Houston, TX.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a professional with fixed equipment and process piping expertise, operating environment or consulting experience, knowledge of refinery and petroleum codes and standards, and awareness of the latest technology to execute, develop and manage Mechanical Integrity program implementation for Siemens clients at the facility level. Responsibilities include the complete set-up and management of inspection programs, Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) implementation, Fitness-for- Service (FFS) evaluations, pressure vessel re-rates and inspection supervision.
Candidates must demonstrate individual initiative and will interact frequently with client representatives.
Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills are necessary.
A successful candidate will have proven organizational skills and a customer service focus.
Detailed industry expertise in corrosion, metallurgy, inspection techniques, and other inspection-related specialties is not required, but a working knowledge is crucial.
Training will be provided as necessary. Familiarity with various industry processes a plus.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
• Acts as Project Lead conducting MI Audits, MI Program development, MI project implementation at various client sites.
• Develops technical solutions to support clients and sales staff
• Mentors less-experienced personnel on MI and RBI concepts
• Performs quality checks on project work prior to issuing to clients
• Participates in concepts and software training
• Provides new design specification &/or action plan preparation upon understanding customer requirements so that the clients can operate in compliance with the regulations
• Presents results to clients
• Support sales opportunities by clearly and fluently explaining best practices and value proposition to support customer needs
• Attends and presents at specified O&G industry technical conferences and seminars
• BS in Engineering, Mechanical or Metallurgical required.
• Working knowledge of industrial fixed equipment and process piping
• 8 to10 years experience with oil and gas, refining, or petrochemical equipment.
• At least five years of working with fixed equipment design, repair, inspection, reliability, or other general maintenance.
• PSM, RBI, Fitness for Service (FFS) experience a plus.
• NBIC or API certifications a plus.
• Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification a plus.
• Exposure with the following software is helpful: PS AIM, UltraPIPE, API RBI, Capstone RBMI, Meridium Corrosion and Inspection Manager, PCMS, VCESage, CodeCalc, MS Project.
• Interest in software development and MS Excel macros for MI data organization, mapping and transfer/ migration to MI software.
• Expected travel up to 50%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.