Kinder Morgan Heavy Equipment Operator in GROVES, Texas
Heavy Equipment Operator
Job ID #: 16852
1 - 3 Years
6798 -GULFBULK GROVES TOTAL :TXTRM
• Operates heavy equipment to gouge out, level, and distribute petroleum coke from inbound conveyors, storage and to outbound conveyors in a safe and efficient manner by performing the following duties.
• Operates D-9 Dozer with concave blade attached across front to gouge out, level, and distribute petroleum coke from conveyor to storage – storage to re-claimer in a safe, efficient manner.
• Drive bulldozer in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified level. Employ dozer day and night to push material to dozer trap in order to load out material for vessels.
• Operate front end loader, bobcat, man-lift, and track hoe.
• Operates 345/385 track hoe with a bucket in order to dig petroleum coke hopper/conveyor system to be placed into storage. Operate track how from an elevated position in order to dig cake fines from a rail car to dump truck.
• Maintain dozer, skid steer, forklift, track hoe, back hoe, and wheel loader equipment by performing preventive maintenance, i.e.: lubricating, cleaning, adding gear lubricants, changing filters and documenting all activity performed on said piece of equipment.
• Operates a 924/972/980 wheel loader to scrape clean the pocket of a hopper barge, dig and load petroleum coke into a conveyor hopper while simultaneously synchronizing movements with other wheel loaders. Requires the ability to cut and grade material as necessary for miscellaneous projects on/and around terminal.
• Experience operating a wheel back hoe, fork lift, skid steer, and man lift. Must be capable of becoming a certified operator on each piece of equipment.
• Train on remote controlled ship loader by engaging push buttons on the remote to distribute coke accordingly to stowage plan and ships chief mate instructions. Ensure satisfactory loading of the vessel and watch for safety of the ship loader during operation. • As directed performs activities of co-workers.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical part, fumes, airborne particles, outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock and loud noise levels.
• Regular work attendance is required to appropriately perform the essential duties of this job
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as dictated by operations
• If required must be able to perform shift work, rotating day/night. • Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s) and lead personnel, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.