Tesoro Manager, SCM Procurement in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition ID: 59021
Supervises a group of Supply Chain professionals such as Contracts Administrators and Buyers who secure services and materials as assigned. Provides leadership, guidance and support in day to day Supply Chain activities that include proper supplier selection, document creation and processing, expediting, and timely payment and close out of orders. May oversee contracting (MSA negotiation and administration) and tactical sourcing (RFP, Evaluation, Recommendation) activities. Responsible to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively with internal and external personnel and management to appropriately influence decision-making and negotiations. Provides quality direction, coaching, supervision, training and career development for team.
• Supervise up to 10 Supply Chain personnel which may include buyers and/or contract administrators as required by the organization. Develop employees’ skills through coaching, mentoring and training. Ensure all employees have regular feedback.
• Contributes to Business Unit and/or organization objectives by assisting in the development of the overall Supply Chain strategy and ensuring effective execution of same.
• For Supply Chain areas covered, primary responsibility to provide consistent, effective, timely communication with stakeholders, and on delivering superior supply chain support services.
• Ensures continuity and consistency by maintaining a tight linkage with other Supply Chain professionals within Tesoro.
• Supports and contributes to overall Supply Chain goals by providing expertise necessary for development, maintenance and continuous improvement related to Procure to Pay, Contracting, and Tactical Sourcing processes.
• Communicates openly and with integrity with key Supply Chain and senior level stakeholders to align direction between Supply Chain and the business requirements/strategy. Has significant experience in communicating with senior management
• Provides guidance and promotes integration of supply chain processes.
• Has extensive experience in different facets of business on which to draw.
• Experienced in the budget and planning process.
• Able to support and fill in for Supply Chain Manager during absences
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Materials Management, Business/Contract Law required
• CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) preferred.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in Procurement, Contracting Supply Chain or related field required.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data for use in decision-making and actions in support of business strategy, across SCM activities.
• Preferred process related, plant or energy industry experience
• Experience with SAP, ARIBA, Power Point, Excel
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 78259 ||
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Tesoro HR Department at TalentAcquisition@tsocorp.com. Note that we review resumes and applications only for posted positions.An Equal Opportunity EmployerTesoro will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability status, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.