Valero Enterprise System Development Engineering Specialist - SAP UI5, NW Gateway, WebDynpro/FPM in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Enterprise System Development Engineering Specialist position supports the design/construction and implementation of Web Applications and/or upgrade projects with technical knowledge primarily in SAP NetWeaver UI5, Java, ABAP and Gateway but may also involve SAP Process Integration (PI), Portal, SQL Server, HANA and BW. Participates in gathering functional or technical requirements and generates specification documents for SAP application usage or business processes. Has significant influence on business process design or application architecture. In addition, the person in this position will have the opportunity to learn and grow by working closely with the Functional Teams, as well as other I/S teams, on major developments and support issues. The SAP specialist should have understanding on integration across the SAP systems ECC/ERP Suite of applications, and have experience in project development using Netweaver ABAP and/or Java.
Key Job Functions:
- Analyzes, defines, implements, and supports computer programs/systems which solve business problems and improve planning, control, or operating results and objectives.
- Designs and constructs highly complex programs and interfaces between SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Provides technical expertise, problem analysis, and systems development services for the design of new or modified applications.
- Develops new system functionality to achieve continuous system improvements, to enable new or existing business requirements.
- Provides continuous inputs in maintaining software development processes and standards.
- Occasionally leads simple projects or tasks.
- Works independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of technical or functional experience utilizing SAP required. Technical experience must include 2 years in SAP Netweaver ABAP or Java.
- Minimum of five (5) years of development experience using ABAP and/or Java and JEE preferred.
- Experience with Responsive Web design and related mobile technologies is preferred.
- Experience in web services integration via SOAP, REST, XML, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, XQuery, WSDL, Json, Odata, etc. is preferred.
- Experience in SAP HANA, ABAP Web Dynpro/FPM, SAP Workflow, Adobe Forms is preferred.
- Development experience with SAPUI5, Fiori, SAP NW gateway, oData is preferred.
- Good communication skills to interact with internal and external contacts as well as all levels of management required.
- Ability to deliver enhanced functionality, aid with new implementations, and provide continuous support within the scheduled time while preserving system integrity required.
- Ability to sustain maximum performance levels in a high stress, high expectation, and high demand position required.
- High degree of initiative, creativity, and technical ability to function on this team required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 4:16:00 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 17001KE