Valero Enterprise System Development Engineer 2 in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Provides technical expertise, problem analysis, and systems development services for the design and implementation of new or modified applications for the Application Development team.
- Analyzes, defines, implements, and supports computer programs/systems which solve business problems and improve planning, control, or operating results and objectives.
- Consults with management and users to determine program/system specifications.
- Oversees business analysis and systems design specifications, forms, reports, procedures, and documentation for manual and computer systems.
- Develops and conducts presentations to communicate new methods/ideas and to describe new systems.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of systems/programs to verify that desired objectives were accomplished efficiently and met time and budget constraints.
- Provides consulting support to end-user computing community for decision support tools and products.
- Ensures that all published departmental service levels and objectives are met.
- Analyzes, defines, and presents projects in terms of business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum two (2) years of business or technical experience in Java, .NET or SAP required.
- Experience designing, developing and/or supporting Java, .NET, or SAP applications, interfaces, and web-services required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, relational databases, direct computing support activities including knowledge of equipment, application software, and operating system software required.
- ABAP/4 experience is required.
- Java experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP Netweaver infrastructure, SAP technical architecture, ABAP Web Dynpro, UI5 preferred.
- Working knowledge of integration platforms and tools (SAP PI, SAP MII, webMethods, etc.) preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Aug 28, 2017, 2:31:13 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 17001H7