Valero Associate in the Commercial Development Program in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Are you ready to join the world’s largest independent refiner? Valero is in search of energetic and motivated individuals to join the Commercial Development Program. This program is integrated with rotation opportunities in the following departments:
- Product Supply and Trading
- Crude Oil Supply and Trading
- Transportation (Rail and Marine)
- Risk Analysis
Major Accountabilities will include the following:
- Analyzing different business lines to determine profitability and to recommend improvements.
- Enhancing supply chain efficiencies for various markets.
- Providing analysis to support trading opportunities.
Associates may rotate through the following departments:
Product Supply and Trading:
- Trades through bulk channels to maximize profit.
- Schedules 120 million gallons per day of product movements via barge, pipeline, truck ship, or rail and ensures correct type, quantity, and timing of the load/unload activity.
- Manages appropriate inventory positions that balance the existing market conditions, wholesale forecasts, production schedules, and logistic. constraints to keep terminals adequately supplied and refineries balanced
- Communicates clearly with traders, refinery personnel, wholesale, terminal operators, and logistics operators to develop a schedule.
- Manages secondary costs to move products in the most cost effective manner.
Crude Oil Supply and Trading:
- Purchases 3 million barrels of crude each day that provide the greatest economic value to Valero’s refining assets.
- Generates financial gains by buying and selling barrels of crude.
Transportation (Rail and Marine):
- Coordinates the most cost efficient shipping activities and railcar requirements between marketing, plants, and customers.
- Ensures on time performance.
- Interacts with railroad companies' support teams on service issues, trip plans, and diversions.
- Reduces Valero’s exposure to commodity price risk by ensuring that inventory is properly hedged.
- Analyzes production numbers and sales numbers to determine financial exposure amidst volatile commodity markets.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Energy Management, Finance, Management, Business, Accounting, Math, Science, Engineering, Industrial Distribution or related field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Req ID: 17001IM