Fortive Corporation Supply Analyst, Fuel Center Supply in Houston, Texas
Supply Analyst, Fuel Center Supply
Veeder-Root is the world's leading supplier of automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems and one of the few companies in the industry to design, manufacture and service its own products; supplying and integrating the broadest range of new and proven technologies to reduce cost of ownership, enhance environmental integrity, and improve performance and profitability for petroleum marketers and commercial fueling enterprises worldwide. Veeder-Root presently has tank monitoring systems in more than 500,000 underground storage tanks around the globe; with products and services being used to meet the regulatory compliance and business management requirements of major oil companies, large truck fleets, car rental companies, airports, package delivery companies, federal, state and local governments, public utilities, industrial companies, and thousands of small underground and aboveground storage tank owners.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Disability, Vet, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity.
Supply Analyst, Fuel Center Supply
Up to 20% travel may be required.
Purpose of Position:
The Supply Analyst, Fuel Center Supply is responsible for managing motor fuel supply portfolios for the Fuel Center’s customers. This position analyzes and advises customers on both fuel supply and transportation options that will lead to the lowest cost and most secure source of supply. Additionally, the position assists our sales team by helping benchmark how prospective customers are buying fuel. Finally, the position is a central relationship manager for all of the various fuel suppliers and common carriers with whom we interact.
• Recommend Supply Portfolio for Customers.
• Run RFP for fuel and transportation.
• Understand client goals, objectives, infrastructure, geographic presence, volumes and history.
• Craft optimal portfolio that balances cost savings and supply security.
• Perform benchmark and analyze results on customers’ existing fuel business.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
• This position reports directly to the Director of Supply, Fuel Center.
• Collaborate with suppliers, partners, and other work teams to leverage their expertise and core competencies to achieve company deliverables.
Measures of Performance
• The amount of savings that are identified for prospective customers
• Creating a supply portfolio that meets or exceeds those target savings
• The quality of suppliers participating in the various RFPs
• Success in meeting performance objectives as defined by critical success factors.
• On time performance as measured by lack of delays on key deliverables.
Background and Skills
Business Process Skills Required:
• Knowledge of fuel pricing and contracting mechanisms.
• Understand market timing and underlying fundamentals that move rack and spot market.
• Understand product property requirement differences.
• Familiarity with fuel supplier contract mechanisms such as Platts, OPIS, Argus, and DTN based pricing.
• Knowledge of motor fuel supply chain.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s operating companies hold leading positions with well-known brands in field instrumentation solutions, transportation technologies, sensing technologies, product realization solutions, automation and specialty products and franchise distribution. Born of Danaher Corporation and with a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of the company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System.
Fortive’s strategy is focused on creating value through organic growth, operating margin expansion, and mergers and acquisitions. Fortive is be headquartered in Everett, Washington, and employs a team of more than 20,000 people worldwide. The team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. Fortive lists its common stock on the New York Stock Exchange. Learn more at www.fortive.com.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Primary Location: North America-United States-TX-Houston
Organization: Veeder Root
Req ID: VEE000747