Occidental Petroleum Service Now Solution Consultant in Houston, Texas
Title: Service Now Solution Consultant Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Service Now Solution Consultant within our Information Systems Department based in Houston, TX.
This role will be responsible for working with the design, development, and deployment of ServiceNow and ServiceNow based solutions, aligned with business problems at an architectural and design level of detail. This includes meeting with key stakeholders to gather and document requirements for IT Service Management processes and evaluating ServiceNow changes (upgrades, patch fixes) and plans in alignment with product strategy and roadmap.
The position will also be responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the ongoing enhancement of the ServiceNow platform and tools to facilitate and support maturing the IT Service Management processes. Additional responsibilities include building POV (Proof of Value) solutions in demo instances to evaluate proposed solutions; maintaining expert level knowledge of the ServiceNow platform; and working with the ServiceNow team and other stakeholders to implement ITIL processes.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
· 3 years working as a ServiceNow developer
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision under deadlines
· Ability to define technical solutions which solve business problems at an architectural and design level of detail
· Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate the value of proposed solutions
· Expert level knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
· Thorough understanding of ITIL best practices and common IT Service Management processes.
· Experience using scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality to automate routine tasks being done in ServiceNow
Desired Qualifications · Certified ServiceNow Application Developer · ITIL Certified
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status