Intertek Laboratory Technician III in Houston, Texas
Laboratory Technician III
Job Title: Laboratory Technician III
Job Location: Houston, Texas
Intertek’s oil and gas upstream exploration and production services offer independent integrated laboratory testing and solutions for reservoir and production optimization. The upstream services we offer extend from concept and design to testing and solutions, in the areas of enhanced oil and gas recovery, PVT and reservoir fluid phase behavior, special core analysis, petroleum geology and geochemistry, reservoir formation evaluation, flow assurance and production chemistry, drilling and completion fluids evaluation, and field and wellsite services.
Under moderate supervision, this position is responsible for performing the routine duties necessary to ensure that laboratory services are of the highest quality, and to ensure that such services are provided in a timely, safe, legal, and ethical manner.
· Receive, examine, and record through a log-in process, inbound items for testing.
· Deliver test samples to the sample staging area.
· Monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the testing processes, and make any needs for such supplies known to Laboratory Management.
· Prepare samples and quality control specimens, prepare and standardize reagents and solutions, and calibrate equipment needed for the testing processes.
· Perform testing of samples and quality control specimens using specified methodology.
· Verify and communicate the results obtained, and make the appropriate entries into instrument logs, control charts, calibration records, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
· Maintain documentation, equipment, and work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
· Assist in the training of less experienced employees.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Earth Science, Petroleum Engineering, or several years of relevant work experience.
· 3+ years of prior laboratory experience in core analysis or advanced core analysis with various degrees of exposure to: steady-state permeability, unsteady-state permeability, rock-fluid compatibility, formation damage, CT and X-ray scanning, electrical properties, rock mechanics, NMR, centrifuge capillary pressure, and mercury injection capillary pressure.
· Must have a grasp of basic mathematics, and must be trainable in the practical aspects of the job.
· Must be physically able to do the work required; some heavy lifting, working with high temperatures (>300F) and high pressure (>20Kpsi) equipment.
· Perform work safely while handling crude oils, gases, acids, and other oil field chemicals under temperature and pressure.
· Possess a mechanical aptitude and exposure to data acquisition software a solid plus.
· Able to use Excel and Word to record and process lab data.
· Ability to adapt to changing business and technical needs is a critical attribute necessary for the successful candidate. Must be willing to work on holidays or weekends.
· Must have a positive attitude and the ability for working and communicating with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: